Saturday, August 30, 2014

Possessions

I've done exceedingly well with NOT buying 'things' and trinkets
I neither need nor want to care for;
retirement is time to par-down,
not acquisition up!

I made an exception today -
to celebrate the start of my Social Security checks -
or should I say, to celebrate the beginning of drawing 
on my ex-husbands benefits!

I found this small oil painting weeks ago at a local antique store
and, for whatever reason,
couldn't get it out of my head.

Now it's hanging on my wall 
and I can see it every day!
Totally love it!
What do you think?
Some kind of voo-doo ceremony?
Sistah Happy Hour?
Memorial service?
Taize?
The possibilities are endless;
the conjectures unlimited.

It IS signed by the artist, 
but when I was painting the matting 
I forgot to write down his/her name to look it up -
and its not important enough to me to take the frame apart again 
to have another look.
It will just remain just one of life's mysteries -
unless one of you tells me its valuable enough to make the effort worth it!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I also love that retirement is a time 
when I have so much time
I can paint acorns!

It's the little things, children, 
that in the end
make you happy!

No comments: