Friday, August 1, 2014

Summer

What a glorious summer this has been!

Moderate weather
with cool spells leading to the AC being off 
and windows being open;
NO WORK;
lots of small catch up tasks around the house, 
volunteer projects
and
road trips to see some of my favorite people 
while discovering new places.

This past weekend included
yoga on a beach with a niece
before traveling on to her sisters home in an adjacent state -


 with accommodations that surpassed any B&B
 because it was filled with beloved creatures
 and people!

A recent trip to Grand Rapids, MI took me to 
Frederik Meijer Gardens and Sculpture Park;
walking around a 132 acre park, 
filled with beauty,
was the perfect way to spend a Sunday afternoon.






(A kids area that made us all sad we didn't have small children anymore 
so we could play in the water feature and sand pit - without drawing suspicion!)
I LOVED the Queen Bee -
 
 but realize I was only ever a worker bee!
For all my Camino friends!








I especially loved hillsides covered with wild flowers...





It was wonderful!

Add in a delightful restaurant for brunch



and you have the recipe for a near perfect summer weekend!
Life is good, my friends!


"You do get to a certain point in life where you have to realistically, I think, 
understand that the days are getting shorter, 
and you can't put things off thinking you'll get to them someday. 
If you really want to do them, you better do them. 
There are simply too many people getting sick, 
and sooner or later you will too. 
So I'm very much a believer in knowing what it is that you love doing 
so you can do a great deal of it."
Nora Ephron

No comments: