Monday, October 13, 2014

Yuck - rhymes with *uck!

Shivers, headache, general malaise.

I'm blaming it on the cold or allergies
I've been struggling with all weekend.

Not that it stopped me from doing anything - 
never that!
I was raised to keep going when you're sick...
it will take something more significant 
than a runny nose and stuffed up head to get me down!

In fact, since I decided to stay in and 'putter' around the house,
the result was a burst of creativity.

There's an artist I especially enjoy - 
do you know her?

I have several pieces of hers - and would love to have more,
but, on a retirees salary 
and with a missioners heart for NOT accumulating more 'things' ,
it didn't look like that would happen.

Well, she's a finalist in a Martha Stewart contest for American artists
and she's been having a limerick contest.
The winner of the contest will get $250.00 worth of her art -
and I'm determined that winner will be ME!
The limericks had to focus on getting Martha Stewart to select her as a winner.

So far, I've sent her 6 limericks -
keep your fingers crossed that ONE of them gets her attention!
I think the winner will be announced later this week.

Here they are -
1.
There once was a girl and with wood
created what few of us could.
She ‘Martha’ed’ with paint,
she ‘Martha-ed’ with glue,
the only thing left is to be ‘Martha’ed’ by you!


2.
There once was a Martha - its true -
she’s the one people wanted to woo
So Bunny made art 

and then swore 
she’d do it some more
until Martha picked her style too.


3.
A dog and a rainbow - what bliss!
Martha, it doesn’t get cuter than this
So pick Bunny today,
do it with out delay
so we all can get our wish!


4.
There once was a dog with some cake
Martha, I swear it looks just like you’d make
But Bunny, she did -
and she’s only a kid,
so please choose her now for Pete sake!


5.
A zebra with cake? well, who knew?
It’s a thing you don’t see at the zoo.
If Martha picked it we’d see
that our minds could be free
to imagine all things could be true.

6.
There's few things that I love more
than Martha’s Living when it gets to my store;
unless its a tree
that Bunny made me
and to see them together -
well, SCORE!


Whadda think?

Personal favorites are 5&6.
Here's hoping!

ps:
I also got the painting done on my plaster of paris chocolate mold trees - 
all I need to do it wait for a sunny day,
then spray with finish and apply glitter - 
everything's better with glitter, right?
Yup; finally got my pink tree!

No comments: