Thursday, November 13, 2014

Life changer

This boy
taught me how to be a mother;
made me want to wake up each day
just to see his smile
and hear his thoughts;
 helped me discover how wonderful 
and scary 
it is 
to love someone 
so fiercely;
showed me what 'brotherly' love can look like







and has always 
totally
been
 'the Bomb'!

Even though many superficial things about him have changed



he has remained,
one of the most
steady,
loving,
creative,
thoughtful,
smart,
and
funny
human beings
I've ever known.

He made me believe I had a handle 
on this whole 'parenting thing'  -

and was wonderfully forgiving 
during times when it became painfully apparent 
I did NOT!

There has never been a day 
I haven't been proud to be his mom -

even if 'chagrined' is a state 
I know well!



The world is a better place for his being in it!

Happy Birthday, Art Boy!

Sure I am 
it is you I love!





No comments: