Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Another road trip in the books


"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travels sake.
The great affair is to move."

I don't know if Robert Louis Stevenson got that right,
but I DO know that I love to travel;
especially when it's to see one of my favorite people
with one of my favorite people.
 Santa Fe in the summer had to be experienced.
Another check in with the oldest boy was also in order.

So his favorite cousin joined me and we had an adventure; 
she from Chicago, me from the Lou and we joined forces in Albuquerque
before proceeding to Santa Fe.

Don't tell anyone, but I started shopping before I got out of the airport!
 

 There was some repetition from my first trip in March,
but there were new surprises as well -
and all of it was fabulous.

A second trip was enough to confirm for me that I DO have altitude sickness -
which means I have to chug fluids, watch what I eat 
and tolerate a mild, but full time headache.
My son assures me that moving there full time would solve it
after a week or two!
Not quite ready to test that theory out, but time will tell.

There are a few things I want to tell you about this trip, 
without boring you with what I've already shared,
(in March)
but, re-entry to full time reality has been hard;
my kitchen and bathroom have been redone,
 things are still in turmoil
and my computer has been on the fritz for over a week.

For tonight, I'll merely post some images to prove I'm back;
more to come later this week, I promise!





No comments: