Monday, July 6, 2020

Baby Steps

Venturing out during quarantine.

Needless to say, I don't believe a word out of T-rumps mouth.
Covid 19 is NOT going to magically 'disappear';
nor do I accept that we just "have to learn  to live with it".
At my age and physical condition,
that translates to dying with it.

I also, however, don't want to become agrophobic,
living in fear and never leaving the house.
It's all about balance; am I right?

I took the first masked steps beyond my immediate neighborhood yesterday;
driving with a friend (also masked) into the country 
to walk around the paths of a sculpture park an hour away.

SLU's Lay Center for Education and the Arts
in Louisiana, MO
was precisely the break from 'routine' that we were hoping for.
 Despite the clear invitation, neither of us wanted to argue with him.
These wings were moving to fast to catch - but I tried.
 
 The usual heat and humidity of summer in MO, 
but we found spots of shade and a lovely breeze coming off the lake
At most, we saw 4-5 other people, 
all wearing masks as we passed.

Not gonna lie;
the trails were short but more exercise than I've had for a while.
I was tired by the time we got back in the car.

My "Camino' self mourns my current state,
but, it is what it is and life goes on;
at least I hope so - for a bit longer.

No comments: