Monday, January 11, 2021

Picking up where we left off

I was foolish enough to think that getting out of town, 
having a visual re-set 
and surviving the expansion of my small Covid bubble by 2 
was a sign that the year might hold better things. 

Wisconsin
acts as a visual palate cleanser for me.
The absence of man made structures,
the expanse of ground and horizon calm me 
and restore my perspective about my place in the world writ large.
Wisconsin is always a good idea.
 
Luckily, for me, a relatives home is a refuge

 and serves as a jumping off point
to any one of the many county and state parks in Northern WI 

Was it cold?
Of course, it's winter.
I expect that; in fact I relish that.
I may not want to be bone chilling cold all season long,
but I can survive for 10 days.




Despite ice everywhere,
 I stayed upright and intact.
I'm taking that as a win.

The other win was a longed for granny square afghan -
with perfect colors for my house.
It's wonderfully heavy, nap tested and a near perfect score to start the year of junking.

It was wonderful to be away from routine
yet still be with family



It seemed like a wonderful omen for the coming year.



Little did I know, right?




No comments: