Thursday, April 1, 2021

Spring Fling

 Isolation during the winter has created such a strong desire 
to see the earth 'open up' again -
and Mother Nature has delightfully obliged.
A recent trip to Shaw Nature Preserve did wonders for my spirits;
with multiple reminders that spring is indeed on its way.
 Thousands of naturalized daffodils can cheer up any day.
Two recent falls, 
the last one down some basement steps,
has created new problems with mobility
which will be further defined by an MRI later this week.
Since I'm essentially non weight bearing status - 
well, as much as is humanly possible when you live alone,
I've taken comfort in having decorated the house for spring already 
which means I can sit - 
and everywhere I look there's something to cheer me up.

I was delighted these beauties were within walking distance of my house -
although I didn't walk, 
I drove past them on my way to the grocery store for pain medicine
and took photos from the car.

How lucky was I, right?

Enjoy spring wherever you are - 
and stay upright, if you can! 
It just makes things easier.

No comments: