Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Dream state?

 I want to hang on to every minute and every feeling associated with the dream - 
yet I know I won't.
 
I woke up wondering if I had died; 
curious if I was 'coming back' to my current reality 
or if I would be allowed to continue in the wonderful state I had just experienced.
 
The closest description I can come to is that 
I remembered what it was to not be embodied; 
to be part mist, part dust of the air, 
to have a full understanding and sense of me and who I was 
and yet be in a form that required absolutely no effort of movement 
or expenditure of energy; 
just being, 
while traveling through time and space on a molecular level; 
a part of everything that exists and that I saw, 
passing through everything and knowing a oneness with it all. 
The colors and landscapes with intensity on another level.
 
It felt like a state that existed for hours; 
gorgeous pain free and existence bending hours; 
it wasn't until I came back into my body and noticed the heaviness and pain in my legs 
that I realized I was leaving one state and entering a physical one once again. 
 
It was both heartbreaking and hopeful. 
I wondered if I had had a near death experience in my sleep .
.. and found myself wishing that that was indeed what dying would be like.
 
All I can say is that if you ever hear I've died in my sleep... 
be happy for me.

If it's anything like this, it was glorious.

No comments: