Friday, April 19, 2024

Meanwhile, since the eclipse...

 This sassy little miss turned 2 -
how is that even possible?
All I know is that she's added joy to every day! 
 
She and her brother are high points of every day!
All the grandparenting tropes you hear are true!
 
My quilt top has been completed, returned;
and I LOVE it!
 
Spring continues to unfold
and my 'garden', 
my poor neglected, it used to be beautiful, once upon a time garden,
continues to gift me with beauty every day.
 
While I was being diagnosed and treated for skin cancer
 - on my knee of all ridiculous places-,
before the stitches had even healed,
Arizona's Supreme Court upheld legislation from 1864 -
when it was a territory, not a state,
when women couldn't vote, 
slavery was still a thing
and white men were still solely in charge -
forbidding women from having ANY agency 
when it comes to their bodies, reproductive freedoms
or ability to determine appropriate healthcare for themselves.
 
Short of that, I'll be in Columbia this weekend, 
knocking on doors,
canvassing and collecting signatures on the petition 
for a state constitutional amendment
which would guarantee women the right to make their damn healthcare decisions.
 
Srsly... can't believe we have to do this AGAIN!
Like every 50 years or so, 
we have to convince men that we're fully human and should be empowered
with the right to make our own decisions about our own bodies!? WTF!
 
In a totally unexpected fluke,
I was privileged to be interviewed by Humans of St Louis;
find out why on their Instagram page.

If I'm not arrested for arson this weekend,
I'll limp back here soon!
 
In the meantime:
Resist the Patriarchy
and remember sunscreen!




 

No comments: