Friday, August 2, 2024

Can you feel it?

But it's getting closer every day!

And I will admit,
I stand corrected.
Changing horses in midstream WAS risky
but it was exactly what was needed - 
and it seems to be working out.
Thanks, Joe!

What a difference 3 weeks makes...
I swear there was a palpable difference on my latest trip "Up North".
 
Wisconsin has always had a split of red/blue voters
but I know I saw more Harris signs on farm lawns than I ever saw Biden signs
and there was definitely a lightness in many of the conversations among friends/family.

Overall, it was a wonderful trip -
and not merely because it was 20 degrees cooler than home -
although that was a definite plus.
Exploring rural areas is a favorite past time,
 as is taking in art galleries to see local artists.
I was excited to see an exhibit of native artists at a local library -
wonderfully original and colorful work.


There was a gallery that combined art with gardening - 
and it was glorious.



I'll leave a few more pictures of the week,
even though it will make me miss the area even more.
 Re-entry is always hard; but I'll see my grands tonight,
and I can't do that if I'm in Wisconsin.
 

I certainly hope your summer is full of things that makes your heart sing.



No comments: