Thursday, July 18, 2019

I don’t know everything that’s going on in this world, 
even though I try to stay fairly up to date with the news.
At least as up to date as my nerves, stomach and heart will tolerate.

But the whole Jeffrey  Epstein/ sex trafficking/sexual abuse of children debacle 
is a general category about which I DO know something.

Maybe not him personally, 
but him as a category of predators 
who, because of their money, connections and social standing 
skirt around any serious consequences for  crimes which, 
if you or I committed them, 
would guarantee several years, if not decades, of jail time.
And rightly so, I might add.

I’ve had almost 4 decades of hearing the stories of abuse victims; 
40 years of being witness to thousands of declarations 
attesting to the ongoing pain, trauma and devastating impact 
to a child/teenagers psyche 
of being sexually abused;
their bodies violated before they have any understanding of their own agency;
before their emotions and intellect are mature enough 
to even begin to allow them to consent to sexual activity.

The power differential in these accounts is classic.
His solicitation and ‘recruitment’ is by the book.
His re-offending and complete lack of accepting responsibility 
are trademarks of serial offenders

I’m done with trying to understand the pathology behind the crime; 
done with examining the structures that keep the patriarchy in place 
which allows powerful men to objectify and use children for their own gratification.

He needs to be off the streets NOW and behind bars – for good.

There’s no rehabilitating his ilk – 
and if anyone’s got peer reviewed, scientifically verified studies that prove otherwise, 
let me hear it.

If not, let’s stop talking about it and lock him up.

I guarantee you a few months in prison 
and he’ll be more than happy to turn on and identify 
all the other party boys who were with him.


No comments: