Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Rosebud Fair, looking back

It's almost time.
In less than 1 month, 
I'll be headed back to Rosebud Reservation
for the Annual Wacipi (Pow Wow) and Fair.

It's one of my favorite events of the year.
Nothing matches it for color, movement, sounds 
and a glimpse into 
a segment of our country that we rarely see.
 Am I the only one who thinks this little one looks like a Kardashian?
These two dancers have long been some of my favorites -
I'm sure they have wonderful names;
but in my head when I see them 
they're  Screamin Eagle and Pine cone Man
OK, so not everyone is happy to be photographed.

When I asked his mom if it was OK to take his picture, she laughed and said "Good luck",
 so I'm not taking it personally.
One of our partner families through Habitat for Humanity;
photo by a wonderful photographer who lives on the reservation, Kernit Grimshaw.
Grannies with purses,
pretty much the same in every culture!
Getting excited!

No comments: