Monday, February 8, 2021

Granny Squares

In 1967, 
my grandmother made me a granny square sweater to take to college.
 (Similar in style to the one pictured above.)
 
I LOVED that sweater -and wore it everywhere.
No seriously, look at pictures of Waverly, Iowa from that time period - 
and you'll likely find me in them. 
I thought it was the height of sophistication.
 
Imagine the above, worn with a white, button down, Oxford cloth shirt,
 gray wool 'Bermuda shorts', knee socks and penny loafers.
Quintessential late 60's!
 
I was going through FB Marketplace recently 
and found the exact color palette of my sweater -
but in an afghan, which, lets be honest, 
is more suited for my age and retirement status.
 
Oh, who am I kidding?
If it was available as a sweater I would have snatched it up too,
but it wasn't.
Snow be damned.
I made the 2 hour trip North to pick it up -
 
and have been surrounded by warmth, comfort, love 
and wonderful memories
ever since.


Perfect for this single digit winter weather and binge watching Netflix.
Stay warm - and healthy, friends!

 

No comments: