Wednesday, March 10, 2021

As so it goes ...

 Can't believe its been nearly a month since I've had time to hop on.

Amazing how quickly the time fills up and days fly by 
even in the midst of the pandemic.
Second immunization is in the books 
and despite chills and increased tiredness,
I have never been so grateful to feel so bad
in my life.
It beats having COVID, that's for sure.

There's a distinct feel of spring in the air
and it's made me think gardening and decorative embellishments
for the outside of the house.
Toward that end, 
I have been frequenting my local thrift stores
and was rewarded with cheap stuff to make 'solar mushrooms' -
which my grandson calls 'magic mushrooms.'
Try explaining THAT
to your daughter in-law when her son tells her
Nanny was making magic mushrooms -
and she knows Nanny was a child of the 60's!
 
It's all very innocent.
Take an old vase, a cheap 'bowl' from the Dollar store
and flip it over a solar light stick (also from the Dollar store) -
and voila -
you have garden decor that works for daytime and night time enjoyment.
I'm not gonna lie;
I've fallen in love with the Dollar Store solar sticks - 
and have begun using them as outdoor candles.
 
I've got a small enamel deck table and a thrifted candlestick, 
another plastic bowl from the dollar store 
and a solar stick
are all it needs for a great night time effect.

The fact that it costs less than $5.00
makes it a win/win in my book.
   
 Solar sticks have also added a fun dimension to my side of my neighbors privacy fence,
without the expense of wiring, an electrician or elaborate underground cables.
I got different wall sconces on Facebook Market place
(for under $10.00),
added solar light sticks
and am LOVING the touch of whimsy it will add among
the morning glories, hyacinth runner beans and moon flowers
this summer.
Sometimes you just need a different way of looking at things -
and don't be afraid to keep being YOU.
YOUR yard, or deck or patio doesn't have to look like everyone else's.
 
 
My smallest daffodils (Tete a tete) popped open yesterday
 and everything in the yard beckons me outside to watch it unfold.
 
I've got to get out while the weather is still cooperating.
Rain with cooler temperatures is predicted for the rest of the week, 
so I'll try to write more when I'm forced to be inside.
 
For now, I'm headed out.


No comments: