Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Respite

 True story.
 
Hard for all of us, not just moms!
But there comes a time
when it's time to get on with your 'regular' lives,
no matter how hard;
that time came -
and I drove away from the end of the lane in Taos 
for a brief respite.
 
I'll return in a few weeks when a final surgery is scheduled 
to remove all the hardware from my sons mouth.
 
In the meantime, I left him stocked with Ensure and Boost;
I'm available by cell phone anytime -
and, if needed, I can drive back sooner.

By "regular" lives, I, of course, mean 
taxes,
Nanny time 
and some much needed downtime 
playing with paper and making collages!
Seems being vigilant is still on my mind!

That's what respites are for, right?
I'm still here, though I'll be laying low for a time.
I'll come out when I'm rested!

No comments: