Sunday, December 13, 2015

MGUS

no, not a Disney character...
but the hematological disorder
also known as 
Monoclonal gammopathy of undetermined significance ;
it's either that or "smoldering myeloma".

While the abnormal results of my blood work are still being discussed 
as to their classification,
the lesions in my skull have conclusively been labeled as benign 
and I am more pleased than I can say 
to state 
I do NOT have multiple myeloma!

It felt like a benediction to hear the oncologist say
"For some folks, including you, it's normal to be abnormal!"

No one will ever convince me the outcome is not directly related 
to the power of intercessory prayer!

I have an over active immune system that MUST be calmed down...
and, to that end,
 I'll be starting new medication at the end of the month,
but, it seems God isn't quite ready for me yet!

I can't tell you the relief I feel.
I've apologize to all for the drama of the past few weeks;
I was acting in good faith 
on bad information.

And, as impatient as I was with waiting for the work up to be complete,
it's behind me now.

I'm concentrating on enjoying the Silent Nights of the season
and practicing gratefulness for all the love that surrounds me!
Thanks be to God!

No comments: