Wednesday, October 26, 2016

A whole lot of shakin' goin' on over here!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It will come as a surprise to NO ONE that the computer I owned was an antique.
Not that it started out that way;
but I frankly see no reason to upgrade 
every time a new fade comes along.
But apparently 7 years in a computers life 
is even longer than dog years
and I was informed earlier this week, 
rather dismissively I might add,
that no upgrade was even possible on my computer anymore
 and the only remedy was to purchase a new one. 
So, for what I usually pay for a used car,
I bought myself a new laptop,
had the data transferred
and then waited for it to drive itself to my house 
and plug itself in.
After an hour on the phone with AT&T last night
and meeting a repair guy at the house today,
I might actually be in business;
IF I can figure out all the bells and whistles.
I might get the hang of it in about 6 years!

But wait, that's not the only excitement ...
black mold was discovered in my basement
so contractors in hazmat suits have been coming and going too.
Funny how I zip up and down the stairs doing laundry 
with nary a hint of protection or problems
but be that as it may ...
it has to be done, so might as well bite the bullet now.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I've needed to concentrate on beauty -
and there's an abundance of that
even when the bloom is off the rose
and the fall colors have barely gotten started.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
But the best part?
(What, the black mold wasn't the highlight?)
Enjoying the anticipation and excitement as
the count down gets real ...
Maybe it's just me - 
but NO WAY do I think this baby is staying put for another 2 weeks!
That's OK ...
whenever he gets here,
there's plenty of love waiting for him!
And here we thought this was such a cheesy pose - 
and it might be, 
but it's also kind of awesome!

No comments: