Sunday, March 18, 2018

Sunday miscellany

Trying to clear the decks before going on a trip to new territory;
an uncharted region of the country - 
at least for me.

Before I go, 
my camera and I have been 
soaking in the quietness of early mornings
which give way to glory;
spending time with the boy,
 who hasn't been feeling well
but is a delight, nonetheless;
figuring out who's pulling my strings,
 even if the 'why' isn't so obvious;

planning the next Mission trip
which will be here before you know it;
 helping a friend celebrate a milestone birthday
even if it did involve a costume party -
which I usually don't do - 
unless it's as easy as grabbing a pair of glasses out of my drawer;
playing with vintage images
and adding sunshine to the rooms
which suddenly turn into a Flemish painting as the day wans.
Life has been full, busy and, for the most part, satisfying.

I'll keep working on the parts that aren't.
'Beginnings' are all around me,
and that's encouragement enough;
even if the unexpected can catch you unaware.
I'll keep trying to find beauty in all things.

No comments: