Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Time for a road trip

I've tried to 'bear' it as gracefully as I can,
but I swear if I don't drive a few hundred miles every couple of months
something goes haywire in my brain!

So, you can imagine my delight when an unexpected invitation came my way
to go "up North" later this week.

I'm boarding the dog, 
having my mail held
and hitting the open road - 
with all the requisite masks and alcohol based sanitizer 
I can squeeze into the car.

 I can barely contain my excitement for an adventure
after months of confinement.

NOT that there isn't much to love here at home
but exploring a different part of the country 
always gets my adrenaline going!

I'm so grateful for the opportunity - 
and the health (so far) to say YES.
Fingers crossed it's not too big a risk.

I'll see you when I return - 
you can bet there will be pictures.
A sweet cottage all to myself near one of the Great Lakes
as we're on the cusp of fall sounds ideal.
Traveling mercies requested.

No comments: