Friday, December 18, 2020

Memories

 As you know if you've been reading this blog for any length of time,
 I've been a single parent for decades; 
which means I am now grand-parenting solo as well.

The most difficult part of that reality is that when I'm enjoying time with my grandson,
there's no one around to 'document' or capture that time.
As a result, when I die, there will be very little evidence of our time together.
 
I don't think I'm being morbid ...
with Covid and so many people my age dying -
from all sorts of ailments -
it's hard to deny that the possibility isn't closer than I'd like.

I adored my great grandmother.
She was the person who had the greatest influence on my life  -
which is remarkable since she died when I was 10.
I have ONE picture of us together;
one cherished image that evokes so many positive memories for me.

Selfishly, I want Sam to have an image with the potential 
to mean as much to him,
if his reality is that I'm important to him too.
I know I am, at this point in his life.

So, as a Christmas present to myself,
I asked a professional photographer to take pictures of us 
on a 'regular' day together...
no dressy, uncomfortable clothes,
no special activities;
just us
at Nanny's house. 
 
Yes, it's Christmas -
yes, Sammy and I love my Christmas decorations,
but, other than that, it was a normal day of me watching him for the day.

And I LOVED the result.

And, yes, we spend a
lot of time reading.
And playing with Oreo;
being a typical standard poodle, she's a love sponge.
She also follows Sam everywhere.
It was a great experience which I wholeheartedly recommend
to all my friends!
 
Give Jodi a call; you won't be disappointed.
 

No comments: