Tuesday, December 1, 2020

 It was a glorious weekend for a drive.
I don't feel safe enough to risk my health for visits to 'a mall',
but a drive in the country is just my style;
and, for the price of a tank of gas, it provided hours of enjoyment.

I mean, really, I don't often see a log cabin jail
or a wishing well made from tires.
We had the great fun of coming upon not just one, but TWO, old time ice cream parlors.

And, while we didn't partake of ice cream from either of them, 
they both looked charming -
especially the one that doubled as a candy store.




There are such treasures in every state -
and on days when I feel trapped inside, 
its nice to get out there and support them in small ways.

Wear masks, take hand sanitizer, socially distance and bring your own lunch 
and you can safely be out in the world,
enjoying all the delights of the season.
At least, I hope so!



No comments: