Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Diversionary tactics

 I don't know about you, but there's only so much stewing and ruminating I can do.
No matter how many things I'm worried about,
 I have limited space in my head;
I refuse to let it be completely cluttered up 
with every horrible possibility.

Not surprisingly, 
just like I did when I was a kid,
I turn to paper, glue and scissors when I need to turn off 
the prophetess of gloom that lives in my head. 

With that being said,
it won't surprise you to learn it's been playtime at my house this weekend -
and I have the mess strewn all over the dining room to prove it.
But, boy has it been fun.

Anthropomorphic paper dolls have been on the agenda

 Not quite sure where's she's taking that mushroom - or why -
but her white go-go boots really rock the outfit.
You can never go wrong wearing Mary Engelbreit
Repurposed mumu top, complete with tissue in the pocket
and comfy slippers -
maybe cuts a little too close to home.
The Deer has already been adopted out to a friend who taught members of our church 
how to dance to 'Jerusalema 'for Pentecost -
hence her sheath in red, gold and yellow flames,
with arms raised.

Mama Bear remains with me.

For right now, they're living on my mantle in a small village
scattered among people I love.


They make me smile whenever I walk by -
and that is reason enough to love them!

They're also addicting 
in their infinite possibilities.
 
I suspect there's more to come.

No comments: