Sunday, April 1, 2012

The Blue hairs

When my children were little, we used to laugh (lovingly, of course) about the older women in our church congregation who always sat in the front pews at church; their hair elegantly coiffed - all with 'rinses' in varying shades of blue or purple.
We referred to them as 'the blue hairs'.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against coloring your hair - I used to do it so often my drivers license had a color wheel on it - but blue?
What was THAT about?

It struck me on Sunday that,while many of them are still here, their ranks are sadly diminishing and, God willing, some of us are going to have to be moving on up to those pews ourselves!

On a recent work day with Habitat for Humanity, this brush was going to be thrown out.

I decided to salvage it and do a tribute to all the blue hairs out there - and see how I will look when my turn comes around!

I think I could totally rock it!
Although my 'coloring my hair days' are over!

The 'style' is about right tho!

Yeah...'elegantly coiffed' will never be a phrase anyone ever connects to me - in any color!!

No comments: