Tuesday, August 23, 2016

I've used the expression before -

and I suspect you'll hear me say it again...

"You can take the girl out of the ER 
but you can't take the ER out of the girl."

In my new life, 
I don't often miss 'the drama of the trauma'
but my sensibilities have been forever warped 
from over three decades on the front lines.

Nothing is free from double entendre;
there's no such thing as an innocent remark.

So you can't imagine how much these re-titled children's books spoke to my heart!

It was like coming home - 
leading to ugly uncontrollable laughing;
There may have been involuntary peeing involved.

 
 
 
 
 
 


 

and I KNOW we had this one when I was growing up - 
since my father was a postal employee!
Good times!

Almost makes me miss being in the ER ...
almost.

No comments: