Friday, March 29, 2024

More spring ... and how can it be Easter weekend already?



Busy few weeks;
still have been collecting signatures on a petition 
for an amendment to the state constitution
which would guarantee women in MO
the right to ALL reproductive healthcare options,
including safe and legal abortions.
Don't mean to get into a minefield here;
I'm aware that this is a tender subject for many,
with strong opinions that touch on, 
and are based for many on, 
sacred beliefs.
 
I am eternally grateful that I was never in the position 
of having to make this decision for myself. 

I DO know that it's the most personal decision a woman will ever make for herself -
and, as such, is no one else's business.

I DO know that my almost 2 yr old granddaughter
will have fewer reproductive healthcare rights than I did,
if the current legislative agenda goes unchallenged.

Supposedly, the whole reason for overturning Roe v Wade
on a federal level,
 was to send the issue
"back to the states".
(Yes, we know that wasn't the true agenda, 
but that was the stated reasoning).
So, lets take them at their word
and have the population in every state vote on it for their citizens.
 
The opposition is terrified 
and busily erecting every barrier and objection
they can muster; challenging every signature,
trying to change the definition of "majority" etc...
 
We need 115,000 signatures by mid May to get it on the ballot.
Since we know that the opposition is going to challenge every signature they can,
the goal is 300,000 ballots instead.
We're on target to meet that goal.
Glad I get to a part of the effort.
 
Art expression as tension reliever continues as well;
that is, if you consider playing with marshmallow candies as 'art expression' - 
which I do! 

Yup, the political can't help but slip in!
Also tried some collage, inspired by Polish paper cutting.
Who knew gluing would be the hardest part!




No comments: