Saturday, March 2, 2024

The Last Ordinary Day

 Talk about a nightmare!
I woke up this morning with the details fading quickly
but the overall gestalt vividly clear.

I woke up (in my dream) with martial law having been established overnight;
the government declared that all citizens were forbidden 
to travel beyond a 5 mile radius of their homes; 
we were forbidden to gather in groups of more than 6, 
unless related by 'blood ties'
and women needed to be accompanied, at all time,
 anywhere we went 
by a male who had 'control' over our actions.

Social media allowed no comments or 'searching'
and instead showed, on continuous loop,
 images of all major cities in smoldering ruins,
dead bodies strewn about all major 'tourist attractions' 
and cultural monuments in every major Western country.

It would seem the world, as we've all known it, was gone forever.
Or was it?
 
The idea that this was an orchestrated lie and attack on our democracy, 
by a cabal of right wing nut jobs, (financed and supported by Bezos, Zuckerberg and Musk)
complete with possibility of AI generated images
was firmly implanted in my head -
and much of the dream was spent with me
Nancy Drewing my theory, getting enough evidence to prove it.
The subsequent book I wrote 
in which I presented my 'evidence' was titled
The Last Ordinary Day.
 
YIKES!
Think I've been watching too much politically based media.
 
What a relief to truly wake up and feel my joints ache,
with the most pressing issue of the day being
going to the fabric store to pick out backing for my quilt top.

Time to concentrate on more fun this weekend!



                                                            Yet the 'political' still lingers ...
Quick, more distraction!


No comments: