Sunday, June 24, 2012

Where did it go?

How can a week pass by so quickly?
At the risk of sounding like my grandmother, the older you get, the faster time slips away!

It was a week of hard work under the unrelenting South Dakota sun, complete with temps of 90+ and a constant wind (think open oven door with the blower on), soaking in the beauty of the reservation and trying to adjust to the 'new norm' of being there without Andy's energy and presence, although his spirit was everywhere!

Every Mission trip is different.

This one seemed to be a year of regrouping; we had fewer contact with old friends and partner families than in past years and more time with each other; less time reaching out and more time looking within.

We even chose a different route to get to the reservation - reminding ourselves that there are many ways to get to the same destination - each with its own advantages and drawbacks.
A return trip of just under 14 hours and pulling into the church parking lot while it was still day light was a HUGE accomplishment!
We even passed several state troopers (in 4 different states) and not ONE pulled me over!

Now back to work tomorrow.
I can feel my blood pressure rise just thinking about it...

I'm just hoping to hang onto my vacation 'zen'  until at least noon!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hope you are successful, good luck.