Saturday, June 2, 2012

I admit it...

 I like having discretionary income!
I feel SO shallow saying that.

I don't need much - just enough to periodically go to garage sales on weekends and support the arts - both of which I got to do today...
and I scored some sweet deals!


I found a small set of industrial drawers AND an old quilt - in near perfect condition.
I got both for under $20.00

When I asked the blonde "20 something"why she was selling the quilt for so little, 
she blithely responded her grandma made it 
but it had two yellow spots on it 
and she didn't like old stuff.

                                            Really, child, that's why they invented prewash...
                                               those spots will be history by Sunday night!
                                                Can't help you with the whole 'taste' issue - 
                                                                          you either have it or you don't. :)


There was also an old metal child's doll chair
which I originally thought would hold a plant on the deck,
but I think I like this instead!

From garage sales to an outdoor art show in which Art Boys high school art teacher had a booth.

I've always appreciated her style and this book of her paintings of buildings around town will be the perfect gift when I visit Art Boy in KC next month!

She even inscribed it for him - "for one of my favorite students; I've always believed in you!"






I also got GI Joe a small ceramic plate - which I'll fill with homemade chocolate chip cookies and take to him next week when he gets home from his back surgery. :(
This should cheer him up!


Don't worry, I also found something for myself... as if I hadn't already treated myself that morning...
but I loved this painting;



it reminds me of my old 'penny rugs' and it immediately went up on the 'happy wall'!

All this goodness before noon - leaving time for Pearl and me to go for a long walk, appreciating all the beauty that doesn't cost us a dime!






Pearl and I had a GREAT day -
                                                 
                                                     hope the same is true for all of you!

1 comment:

aimee said...

Looks like a great day! I am assuming you went to the Webster Art Fair?