Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Record breaking heat -

yet that didn't stop thousands of folks from going treasure hunting...

it's a fund raiser for the St Louis Symphony, so I'm glad it was successful. But I have to say, as I stood in line with the masses in record breaking heat, to spend money on other peoples junk, I couldn't help but chuckle at how absurd the whole situation is... there wasn't one of us in that line that needed anything; yet we were all hoping to score some treasure that, at least for the moment, we couldn't live without!

Since I've been keeping to a fairly strict observance of not allowing myself to bring anything into the house unless I'm willing to discard something comparable, I wasn't in an acquiring mood. But I did enjoy the sense of carnival and observing the scene... and there was plenty to see - from ways people were keeping cool to treasures being carried out -






 don't you love the paper bag hat?


GI Joe was pleased with his find of old comics - which will be a welcome distraction as he recovers from back surgery early in June.


OK... so I DID buy a few things - after all, what's Gypsy without getting a new tie-dyed shirt for gardening,
vintage linens or Kettle Korn?


We were shameless -
 sending yet another message to family members who couldn't be with us - 
or who chose not to be -
yup, we're those relatives!!

 It was great fun...

                        and we were all soaking up the joy of having family members around
                                                      that we don't get to see enough!!

No comments: