Thursday, May 17, 2012

Light them up!

I had two subpoenas for the day and, with the weeks I've had lately, when my boss told me to take the rest of the day off after I finished testifying, she didn't need to tell me twice!
And the best part?
I was done by 10am!

The first case was a bench trial, so they always go faster and, when the defense attorney doesn't ask ANY questions it goes even faster!
In and out by 9:20am - then off to Family Court ... and, as I walked in the mother asked to speak to her attorney and, within 10 minutes, she stipulated to the charges.
Bada bing, I was done!

A quick trip home, change of clothes, walking the dog and then I headed to the Botanical Gardens.




Our gardens are gorgeous under any conditions but preparations are currently underway for the Chinese Lantern Festival and it's going to be spectacular!
I can't wait for the nights when the lanterns will be lit up.





                           I can see the hype hasn't been exagerated: Art by Day, Magic by Night!







Despite the heftier than usual admission price, evening visits will definitely be worth it!
Yup, there'll be pictures of that too!






There are two 'lanterns' in the shape of dragons, completely composed of dishes 'made in China'; the kind used in my local Chinese restaurant.







This is gonna be GREAT!




My day of pretending to be a lady of leisure, after helping two people go to jail, 
couldn't have been better!


more images will be posted later...
too much beauty to put in one post!

No comments: