Thursday, May 3, 2012

A time for everything

here's what else I've been doing while I was 'off' and not blogging...

taking twice daily walks,

cooking healthy food with new recipes,


cooking delicious food - even if not so healthy -,


making a new wreath for the front door - direct from Pinterest  and SO easy - (simply wrap 'faux fur' yarn around a wreath form and add paper flowers with a stick pin) - THIS I can do!



and enjoying images of my great nieces and feeling incredibly proud of their mom for raising such bright and beautiful girls. !

I swear her two year old, Payton, (on the right) is more nurturing than most of the mothers I deal with on a daily basis in the ER!

Sadly, I also had to say 'goodbye' to the boy who was my Prom date in high school.
Honestly, the worst date EVER - for both of us -
but we were able to laugh about it -
after 30 years or so!

We were voted "Most school spirited'!
Not exactly Prom King and Queen material
but being positive, enthusiastic and motivational has it's own rewards, right?

Sadly, the 'matching' outfits weren't planned - we really were that much alike!! 
Oxford cloth, button down collar shirts, cable sweaters, black glasses, matching side parts...
clearly "Most fashionable" went to some other couple!

No wonder there was respect, deep friendship and NO chemistry - it was NJ - NOT Kentucky!
We didn't date cousins!

Ricky, who morphed in adulthood to 'Fred',  became an entertainment lawyer in Nashville. 
He fought hard, long and well for so many 'heritage' performers - people who were 'name famous' but cheated of their share of royalties by 'record companies' back in the day.

I used to love watching the country music award shows to count how many people thanked him by name!

He was a good man who loved his family and fought hard against a bizarre and tenacious form of cancer in order to stay with them longer.
At least his struggle is over and hopefully, 
he's at rest.

More death... oh good.
Clearly this is an ongoing fact of this stage of life that isn't going away - until I do!

A good reason to NOT retire, so I can stay surrounded by younger, healthier people -
even if a good friend in the ER had a vivid dream about my 'retirement' -
  which included living on the bluffs along the river 
with Robert Redford as my adoring neighbor!

Sorry Bobbie, you'll have to wait.


 I'm just not ready yet!

No comments: