Wednesday, May 9, 2012

It's a dogs life...

The day of the bobcat and repair of the water main was NOT Pearls favorite day:

the noise, the coming and going in the house of strange men...
all very unsettling.


I could see the tension in her body as she tried to continue with her normal routine... of sleeping!
And, if this isn't an example of "if I close my eyes and pretend they're not there, maybe they'll go away, I don't know what is!!


Trust me, Pearl, I try that all the time and it doesn't work!!

She finally realized that closing your eyes does NOT mean you're asleep.


Taking her for a walk and seeing some beauty helped remind her the neighborhood was still the same, even if there was change at our house!




After watching me have a snack (ritz cracker, slice of strawberry and dollop of fat-free cool whip) 



and a simple change of position...


and life was good again!

Would that it was so easy for us, right?

Oh wait... maybe it is!

No comments: