Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Potpourri

We haven't had one of them for awhile!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I admit it –
I was going to stay out of this one – but the hypocrisy of it finally got my goat.

Edward Snowden, the contracted computer geek who ‘blew the whistle’ on the governments secret surveillance program is now apparently safely camped out in China – well, Hong Kong, – a subsidiary of China.
My initial response to all the hoo-rah about his revelation was - WHAT secret surveillance program?

You mean the one authorized years ago by the Patriot Act – the act that millions of us liberals progressives screamed and yelled about when King George and Darth Vader were running the show?

 The act that authorized warrant-less wiretaps on any citizen as long as there was a way to wrap it up in a flag and say it was to protect the Motherland?
The act that condoned ANY behavior by the NSA as supplement to the lies they served as precursor to a rigged and trumped up war?
THAT surveillance program?

Where the hell were all those people then who are bitching now?
This isn’t news… its ancient history.

And, as much as I was against it then, now, frankly, I don’t give a rip.

I’m not planning anything illegal.
Listening in on my conversations or reading my emails will kill folks from boredom not from any terrorist plot.

Frankly, I think the best thing we could do for us – if not Snowden - is to leave him right there in Hong Kong – and cut off all communication from, with or about him – and refuse him re-entry to this country under any circumstance, during any decade.

If the boy wants to live in a limited democracy and he's deluded enough to think theirs is less limited than ours – then he should have at it.

Experience can be a real bitch– I give him less than 5 years before he's begging to come back!

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Did I ever tell you that while I was on Iona, I had a delicious, detailed sex dream about Jonny Lee Miller - the kind that make your eyelids sweat and helps you remember that while you might be old, you're still alive?

What do you mean "who's Jonny Lee Miller"?
Sherlock Holmes in Elementary? - characters in BBC versions of Austens Mansfield Park and Emma??

Friends and I had a great laugh the next morning as I was recounting the dream - and, despite their reality checks about him having been married to Angelina Jolie 'back in the day', he COULD be enticed to move on to me... hey, stop that snickering...it could happen!

In fact, thanks to
it's already has!

First, I made me... (sounds very God like, doesn't it?)
then him...

Aren't we a cute couple? 
I can see us living somewhere in Scotland; 
why, I'd even settle for Wales or England!
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Anybody else think the reason they're digging for Jimmy Hoffa - 
AGAIN -
is because of a tip from Whitey Bulger?

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ok, whadda think - 
is the NSA agent asleep by now??

No comments: