Monday, June 10, 2013

Success

Thanks to twice daily doses of this...
mission trip was a success!

The pulled groin muscle I had before leaving caused me to walk differently (to try to compensate for the pain) which led to hip and outer leg muscle problems and some of the worst pain I've ever had in my life - and a hip that now feels a good two inches higher than the other one!

Thank God I already have a session set up with the physical therapist.
My ultimate goal of walking 500 miles across Spain feels VERY far away when I can barely go 500 feet without crying!

Sitting is almost as much of a problem as standing and walking - so, for now, here are some favorite shots from last week - which will have to tide you over until I can sit comfortably and fill you in on all that happened...



LOVE the artistry of Lakota beadwork



almost as much as the beauty 
of the Lakota people!









It's good to be home - 
even as I'm planning on going back 
in August!

No comments: