Saturday, August 10, 2013

I'm a simple girl...

who doesn't think a few hours or so 
on a Saturday morning, 
schlepping around to see other peoples old junk 
should have to involve issues of 
socio-sexual-political correctness.

I've been eager to explore a new antique mall in town - 
well, new to me...
truth be told, 
I don't get to the industrial part of town 
all that often.

Pulling up outside the mall this morning, 
I noticed the unmistakable rainbow flag, 
signifying the gay community...
and, immediately, 
my mind began to race
as to its implications...

Is the mall owned by a gay person?
Are all the vendors gay?
Do they only sell antiques to gay buyers?
Only sell items from old gay peoples estates?

Good thing I was shopping with a friend - 
she could be my shield - 
cover? -
bitch?

Really,
thinking that hard 
was NOT on the agenda 
for a Saturday morning 
in the Lou!

Glad we went in though,
they had some great, and different, stuff







and, as always,
there are just SO many ways to go wrong 
with poodle decor!


Money did change hands.

The hour spent poking around
made me as happy as seeing zinnias!


Like I said,
I'm a simple girl!

No comments: