Sunday, August 4, 2013

Oh, come on...

You knew I'd go there!

 Not that I live in New York and have any stake, at all,
 in the mayoral race -
but all the public debate
about whether this guys wife
should stay married to him
 or not 
is getting on my last nerve!

Whether he's morally
or intellectually
fit to lead one of the major cities
in this country
is certainly a valid point
open for debate.

It's also, ultimately,
 a decision citizens of New York
get to make;
not anybody else.

But
whether Huma decides
to stay married to Tony
is not anybody's business
but theirs.

Do any of us live our lives,
or conduct our relationships
by Gallop poll?

Is it a relationship I'd want?
Hell, no!

Is their marriage an example
I'd want my children
to emulate?
Also a big fat NO!

Then again,
 I hope I've taught my kids
well enough
that they already know
public figures -
politicians,
celebrities,
entertainers
etc -
aren't role models!

One of the wonderful consequences
of true 'liberation'
is being free enough
to make your own mistakes -
and live with the consequences.

No matter the deal she's made with the devil,
for whatever reason,
it's her deal!

Just be thankful
it's not yours!


No comments: