Thursday, July 3, 2014

I KNEW it -

even if I didn't know it for sure...
ya know what I mean?

No?
Well, my neighbors homes are lovely -
yards impeccably groomed,
houses trimmed and well maintained -
all seemingly without ANY effort on their parts.

I mean, seriously, 
I never saw them working around the house on weekends
AT ALL.

Meanwhile, I schlepped and sweated -  
or didn't
and my house reflected all I did -
or didn't do.

Now that I'm retired and home during the day,
I've seen the endless array of cleaning ladies,
handymen,
lawn service staff etc
coming and going from their houses ...

just as I suspected -
they have people!
Damn...
I wish I did!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Still working in the yard -
mixing up organic weed killer from Pinterest-
scanning photos -
and, ironically,
creating even MORE pictures
by participating in a July photo challenge.

So far, the prompts have been:
play:
'cause it's summer and who doesn't LOVE a road trip?

Snail eye's view:
although I was tempted to use one of these:



and
self portrait - without a face.
I loved how even the bracelets on my left arm showed up!

So much fun!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Later today,
lunch outside on a patio with a friend,
visiting a bookstore
(maybe even applying for a job there!)
and cooking in preparation for the 4th of July parade parties ...
how did I ever find time to work??

No comments: