Sunday, July 22, 2012

Called it!

The night before I went for a nuclear heart scan and yet another stress test, I told a friend that the only thing they'd find is a clot of loved ones I've had to say Goodbye to too early; people I promised would be in my heart forever.

The 'official' diagnosis was mild ischemic changes consistent with a previous 'cardiac event' for which there was no basis - no blockage, no obstruction, no narrowing of the arteries etc. EKG, lab work and muscle changes - with no reason... beyond 'broken heart syndrome'.
A phenomenon noted by the AMA in 2005.
 (http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/06/01/health-and-the-broken-heart/)

Apparently, I'm a prime example!
Told you so!


Several years ago, I also called it when I predicted that a friend of mine would go far in the church.
He's wicked funny, smart as a whip, irreverent when called for and has a deep and genuine love of the Lord and of humanity that makes him a powerful leader.


This past weekend, I threw my 'summer going to church clothes' into a bag, headed 9 hours south and watched him become a Bishop!


In a service combining ancient traditions, gorgeous sacred music and Southern hospitality complete with fabulous food, it was a wonderful celebration of his new ministry.



I sat in a Cathedral filled with hundreds of people (of which I only 'knew' 9), yet I also recognized them all in my heart as brothers and sisters.


I am SO glad to be part of the Episcopal church.




Don't believe all the reports you read in the press about 'mainline denominations' being on the decline!
What I saw and participated in on Saturday was anything BUT...

It was a glorious weekend!

No comments: