Sunday, July 8, 2012

Dear Blogger,

you have either seriously over-rated your importance or under-rated my frugalness.

I got your message last week that I have nearly exceeded my free photo allotment for this site, informing me that I can purchase additional storage space for what you consider a nominal fee.

Thanks, but NO!

I started this blog for the exact reason it's called a blog - a web log - a journal; an electronic version of 'Dear Diary'.

I did not do it to become famous or to discovered by some big name publishing house.

Most of my observations are time specific or memories held since childhood... they certainly don't need to be cluttering up the world wide webs for eternity!


I have therefore had the first 18 months of the blog made into books - on the off chance that my sons will someday choose to see how I felt about my life -and if they don't - that's OK too since I'll be dead and beyond worrying about it.

I will be going through the blog this week and purging the first two years, possibly more, of the posts. In fact, I've already started - and it's very freeing!

Thanks for your efforts in helping me enter this next stage of my life - travelin' lighter!

No comments: