Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Mentor


This is my friend - a young, talented, creative, mom, wife, photographer, blogger - and all the etcs that go along with being a crazy busy, engaged working woman these days.

I took a class 18 months ago in which she 'taught' me the basics of how to get my camera off auto and I've never looked back... it's been manual all the way since then.

Saturday I had an adult play date at my house while Jodi taught another aspiring photographer...

and I finally confessed that I've NEVER understood fstops and how to set shutter speeds~

ALL the pictures I've loved in the past year and a half have been total flukes!

Here's Jodi realizing the depths of my ignorance and trying to be gracious!


I'm from the generation of 'fake it til you make it'... and, after 3 decades in health care, I've also learned that, sadly, people are easy to fool - if you have an attitude of knowing what you're doing, they think you do!

So, after confessing - more like being outed, actually; I'll spare you the details - I'm now back to Square One... really pre- Square One since I have to unlearn certain bad habits!!

Thanks, Jodi...
the pictures are better already!!







Thanks for not giving up on me!!

1 comment:

Jodie Allen said...

holy cow! i was not expecting to see my own face on your blog tonight! thanks for this and thank goodness those pics of me aren't worse! i had no make-up on! :) i hope i didn't make you feel badly... i'm still in shock you're photos are so amazing and you were stuck on shutter speed! :) Let's go for a photo walk before school starts... let me know your work schedule!