Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Be present - it's not all a metaphor!

There are fall days that are SO gorgeous, it stops my breath and forces me from the car, camera in hand...






and it takes everything I have to simply enjoy the moment and not read 'the seasons of our lives' into every second.

Apparently I'm not the only one.

"A moral character is attached to autumnal scenes: the leaves falling like our years, the flowers fading like our hours, the clouds fleeting like our illusions, the light diminishing like our intelligence, the sun growing colder like our affections, the rivers becoming frozen like our lives - all bear secret relations to our destinies." 
Francois-Rene de Chateaubriand
(Could that honestly be his name? Did he invent the steak?)

Maybe thoughts like these are what we're really trying to scare away with all the decorations designed to scare - or divert and amuse.

Although I don't remember having any of those thoughts, years ago, when I was creating these items...
maybe it comes with age.

"It was one of those perfect October afternoons when the explosion of oranges and yellows against the bright blue sky makes you feel like your life is passing through your fingers; that you've felt this autumn feeling before and you'll probably get to feel it again but, one day, you won't anymore, because you'll be dead."
Sarah Dunn 

If I was taking any medication, I'd think maybe it needs to be adjusted!

Enjoy wherever YOU are - with or without the metaphors!


No comments: