Saturday, October 20, 2012

Because things are the way they are,

things will not stay the way they are... and, after all, what good is having a mind if you can't change it!


Puppies are a huge commitment; any animal is but I mostly know dogs so we're going with that.

Despite how cute one may be at birth or 3 weeks, as they develop and exhibit personalities of their own, there are differences. Differences can be good... and, other times, not so much.
So when an experienced breeder contacts me to say that the puppy I put a deposit on will, most likely, not be a good fit for my family, and describes the reasons why, I have to listen and respect those observations.

That being said, I'm going with a different puppy ... the middle one on the top 'row'... healthy, playful, gets along with all the other puppies and adapts easily to changes... at least as described and observed so far. 
Funny thing is ... when I visited the kennel two weeks ago, SHE'S the one I originally thought I was going to pick!  

Until I was momentarily seduced by solid chocolate once again... story of my life!

I'm also going with a different name... I'm leaning toward Gracie... although friends suggested Oreo as the obvious choice.  
Knowing me, I'll probably go with the name associated with a food choice - although if she ever gets out of the yard, do I really want to be driving all over the neighborhood yelling "Oreo"?



Still excited... still getting the house ready - even if there's a change of who the occupant of the crate will be!

I LOVE that years of experience with change and things I can't control have helped make this switch painless!

Can't wait to bring "Oreo Grace" home!

1 comment:

aimee said...

Hmm...as the saying goes everything happens for a reason!

She is adorable! She will bring some "diversity" to your household! (not that you don't have enough in your life already).

Congrats and can't wait to meet her!