Monday, October 15, 2012

Fall into Art

I'm trying VERY hard to keep extraneous decorations to a minimum this season.

I simply don't have it in me to get out all the Halloween 'stuff' when I'm trying so hard to be a minimalist, with the puppy coming.

It will be hard enough to drag out all the Xmas decor - and who knows, that may be simplified to a whole new degree this year too. Some antique dealer could make a killing right about now because I feel like selling the entire content of all the decorating closets downstairs!

No doubt, in another year or two, I'll be one of those little old ladies who gets out the ceramic tree, slaps it down on a doily and calls it a Yuletide!

That being said, I couldn't resist getting out the 'fall' art pieces... they range from 1x1 inch to 11x18 and pack a lot of atmosphere for very little space. Come on, you knew I couldn't forgo everything!







One of my favorites is by a local folk artist: Stan Craig.


Another favorite that feels as if it could be out year 'round is entitled "Demon of Fear" and, given what I do for a living, seems to embody the pervasive evil that is all around us.

I think I'll just sit back now and enjoy what few decorations I have out...

If I need more, I'll look outside my window!

2 comments:

aimee said...

I will sadly admit, I don't own a single Halloween/fall decoration! I do own a Christmas Tree but my excuse for not decorating this year will be a new kitten! No way a tree would stand a chance for two seconds in my house this year!

Donna said...

I suspect my idea of scaling down is VERY different than most folks! LOL! But it seems barren for me.
The 'big ' tree and at least 5 of the 'little' ones will be coming out for sure...