Sunday, October 28, 2012

Vintage Sunday

While I wait for my medicine to kick in and make me feel semi-human again, 
I thought I'd go with some vintage images of couples...






I don't know about you but, 
when I'm sick,
 that's when I feel my 'singleness' most ...
 there are still bills to be paid, 
dogs to be walked, 
prescriptions to be picked up, 
clothes to be washed, 
dusting to be done... 
and I'm still IT!

Yes, I could ask my son... 
but he has his own life to live...



I just miss the loving presence 
of someone who has my back



I don't mean to complain ...
I know exactly how lucky I am





I also know it's a fools game 
to compare someone else's 'outside' reality 
with my inside reality.


Sometimes, looking at images from the past induces a certain wistfulness.
I admit to a special fondness 
for pictures of couples who appear to have run the race together



and come out as friends.


It gives me hope...
and the world can certainly use more of THAT!

1 comment:

aimee said...

Completely understand...been feeling a little of this myself lately!