Saturday, October 13, 2012

Each to her own.

I  had every good intention of spending the weekend cleaning... in anticipation of the new puppy that will be disrupting my household in just a few weeks. And I started...busily cleaning baseboards, getting cords up and out of the way, removing smaller items from waist level and below... all the puppy proofing essentials I can remember so that my vet doesn't become any richer than he normally does when I have a pet!

In the process however, my Adult ADHD kicked in and I've spent the past hour taking pictures of some 'favorites' from around the house.

Can I just say how much I LOVE my new light on the bookcase!
Very atmospheric and so perfectly representing a hobby I adore!

Last weekend, on my way back from Northern IL, I bought a new throw pillow for the dog love-seat... yes, it's Pearls and I suspect will be Lizzys too.
I mean, I guess she'd let me sit there but my favorite chair is directly opposite it and I'd rather sit there anyway.

Besides, I don't need to monitor street traffic like she does!
Don't judge...

My cleaning frenzy - short lived though it may have been - also extended to cleaning out the kitchen cabinets...  (no, I don't expect that the puppy will get up there but I was on a roll and you never know -  poodles weren't circus dogs for nothing, ya know!) and I was reminded how much I adore having these state glasses... so reminiscent of childhood road trips and great memories of the years long antiquing forays with friends to reclaim all 50 states!


They also make terrific conversation starters when entertaining groups of people who may not know each other very well... have them pick a glass to use of a state that has a place in their history, share a story related to that state and VOILA... deeper insight into the person talking!
They've been an investment that's paid for themselves in laughs, and some tears, more times than I can count.

And, last but not least, what do you get when you combine imagination, old bed springs, marbles and wire?


A funky, colorful mobile that now hangs in my living room!
Agreed, it's not for everyone... but it suits me perfectly.

I bought it this summer at a street fair and it's taken me all this time to figure out how to hang it from the ceiling! Let me just say there's something to be said for meandering around Home Depot, looking at all the options, ruling out most and taking a chance on one!


Plus, you should see the rainbows of color when the sun hits it at different times of the day!
I even saw a couple standing on the sidewalk last night, looking in at it. (I'm sure they were envious - no, they were not talking about how, as people age, they make goofy choices in decor!)


It's fabulous...
that is all.

No comments: