Friday, September 23, 2011

Manifesto

Some friends have suggested I might need this to get me through the next 'political season'...and, I think it's a fabulous idea!

I'm printing it out and putting it over my desk!

While I can’t avoid 2012, I figure I can keep it from making me crazy by deciding on 13 things I won’t do this election season:

1. Threaten to move to Canada if my candidate doesn’t win. (Who would do THAT?)

2. Engage in lengthy political arguments on Facebook with people I don’t even know that well.

3. Scarf down an entire bag of animal crackers while nervously watching a debate…not that this has ever happened before. (Mine would involve chocolate!)

4. Donate to a campaign.

5. Allow polls to dictate my mood.

6. Write five blog posts a week about how the Republican Party has co-opted the Christian culture to the point that the two are indistinguishable.

7. Rely exclusively on cable news for my information.

8. Rely exclusively on Jon Stewart for my information.

9. Avoid my conservative friends.

10. Get so preoccupied with the power struggles of an earthly kingdom that I forget my first allegiance is to a heavenly kingdom that expands through patience, love, mercy, and grace.

11. Assume that God is on my side or that a single vote can represent my "Christian values" to the world.

12. Let anyone convince me that I should be afraid.

13. Check Facebook on election night.

original manifesto found here.


How 'bout you?

Do you need a reminder too?


No comments: