Sunday, March 11, 2012

Frugal...

and, by that, you do know I mean cheap, right?
Or as I prefer to think of it - green!

I was raised by a child of the depression and my parents and grandparents favorite mantra was:

And, most of the time, I don't mind;

I love old things and prefer buying 'used' or vintage to mass produced.

It also means I haven't bought new furniture, literally, in ages...

I inherited my moms sofa when I cleaned out her house almost 9 yrs ago.
The fabric wasn't my taste but it was in good condition and sturdy; it was easy to spruce it up seasonally with fun pillows

and concentrate on all I DO have rather than take on the expense of buying something new.

But, there are times when even I have the urge for a change.

So last year, I bought a slipcover. It was OK, but I didn't like the way it fit; although I did like the neutral color rather than the floral print my mom chose.

It was last week, as I was putting away the quilts and bedspreads from winter and getting out the 'spring ones', I realized I had the perfect solution!

A king size chenille spread I got at a flea market last fall for under $5.00 - washed and in pristine condition.



Chenille - it's not just for beds anymore!

What's the difference - I sleep on the couch too!

And best of all???
It matches my dog!

Nice to have a FUN change instead of the kind I've had lately!

No comments: