Sunday, March 18, 2012

Keeping Sabbath

This will be the last Sunday post I'll be doing.

For the past decade, my Sundays have been defined by taking my mother (and, for several years, her boyfriend as well) to church, to lunch and then the store for any necessities; squeezing my own chores into whatever time remained in the afternoon.

It's time to find new rhythms, new ways of being - and none of the ones I'm contemplating include any electronic devices.

It's time to take a step back to just 'being'; to enjoying the sounds and sights during a walk, sitting on the deck reading or maybe even napping!

The possibilities are truly endless...

If we do not allow for a rhythm of rest in our overly busy lives, illness becomes our sabbath - our pneumonia, our cancer, our heart attack, our accidents create Sabbaths for us.
Wayne Muller


THAT hopefully isn't one of the options!
From my lips to Gods ear!

See you during the week!

No comments: