Monday, March 26, 2012

Photographic potpourri

Becoming

dogwood;

I could have sworn this tree
was a different color
last year!

Did you know Juddi viburnum was the inspiration
for so many of the milliners flowers they made in the 50's?

They don't look 'real', do they?

Their fragrance

and that of lilacs
are exactly why someone

needs to invent
a smell -a- vision feature
for pictures.

I'm convinced this is what heaven smells like!



And finally,

this is what you get
when you need to erase
the images of a child abuse fatality case
from your head,

you have insomnia,
a marker and whiteout ...

As previously mentioned,
I'm definitely going
'down the shore'
this summer -

and my aging body is SO not beach ready!
Not sure I'll do anything about it frankly,

beside acknowledge it...
and move on from caring!

I DO think it would be fun though
to make a series of
wooden peg 'beach people'
representing all my family
for a summer mantle display,
don't you?

I see another trip to Art Mart soon
to get the supplies I need... :)

No comments: